Sunday, March 7, 2010

15 great Yogi Berra quotes

Yogi Berra was a player and manager for the New York Yankees. Aside from his prowess on the field, he was also famous for his way tangling up the English language. Here are 15 of his best quotes...

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.

When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it.

You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

I knew the record would stand until it was broken.

It ain't over till it's over.

It gets late early out there.

It's like deja-vu, all over again.

We made too many wrong mistakes.

The future ain't what it used to be.

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

If people don't want to come out to the ball park, nobody's gonna stop 'em.

You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.

No comments:

Post a Comment